SWEET POTATO PIKELETS
Makes 16-20 pikelets
- 1 cup of sweet potato mash (cooked and pureed as per tips here)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter, plus extra for cooking
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine. The batter should be thick but pourable.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add a small amount of butter to melt and swirl to cover the pan.
- Add small amounts of batter to the pan (approx 2 tablespoons per pikelet), spread slightly and cook until small bubbles appear around the edges. Flip the pikelet and cook until golden on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Repeat step 3 until the batter is all cooked.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, or with fresh berries and a dollop of Greek yoghurt.