SWEET POTATO MASH
The recipes featured in our kids and family section all have sweet potato mash puree as the main ingredient. Here are some tips to make sweet potato mash puree:
- 200g of raw sweet potato will make 1 cup of cooked sweet potato mash
- Sweet potatoes can be baked, boiled, steamed or microwaved to make mash. You need to cook them until they are soft and ‘mashable’.
- For the smoothest mash, blitz cooked sweet potatoes in a food processor and add small amounts of water until the right consistency is achieved.
- Sweet potato mash can be made in bulk and frozen in 1 cup portion sizes to thaw and use anytime. It will keep for approx 1 week in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Sweet potato puree makes great baby food and you can even add it to many other cooking and baking recipes to smuggle some extra vegetables into meals and snacks.