SWEET POTATO BURGER BUN
Makes 6 large muffins or 12 small muffins
- 1 medium sweet potato
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- ⅔ cup wholemeal flour
- ⅔ cup plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutme
- Peel and dice the sweet potato and steam for 10 minutes until tender
- Push the steamed sweet potato through the potato ricer to mash & allow to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Grease 12 small or 6 large muffin tins
- In a bowl combine ¾ cup of sweet potato mash, brown sugar, eggs, orange juice, grated carrot, and vanilla
- In a separate bowl combine wholemeal flour, plain flour. baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined
- Fill muffin tins ¾ way up
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean from the middle.
- Cool cooked muffins on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy!