ROASTED SWEET POTATO SOUP
- 500g of peeled, diced sweet potato
- 300g of peeled, diced carrots
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 peeled and Diced onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1L vegetable stock
- Sour cream & cracked pepper to serve
- Roast sweet potato & carrot together for 25-30 minutes at 180°C with a drizzle of olive oil and salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pot and fry onions until soft.
- Add crushed garlic to the pot, and cook until aromatic.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add roasted vegetables to the pot and blend with stick mixer until smooth.
- Serve into bowls with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cracked black pepper.