SWEET POTATO BUNDT CAKE
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower oil
- 4 free range eggs
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & grated
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1 x 250 pack of Philly cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- Roughly chopped pistachios
- Dried rose petals
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and spray a bundt pan with spray oil.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and lemon zest until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt – gradually beat into sugar mixture.
- Stir in sweet potatoes.
- Transfer tobundtpan & bake 45-50 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning over & out to cool completely.
- For frosting – in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until blended.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar, lemon zest and juice until smooth. Spread frosting over cooled cake & sprinkle with pistachio, rose petals & lemon zest.