SWEET POTATO FRITTATA
- 6 cooked sausages, sliced on an angle
- 1 brown onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 200g of sweet potato, peeled & grated
- 50g of baby spinach
- 1/3 cup of frozen peas
- 8 free range eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ bunch of basil, finely chopped
- Salt & white pepper
- Preheat grill in oven on high.
- With a large fry pan, spray well with oil & place over stove on medium to high heat.
- Add onion to the pan & cook for 3-4mins while stirring to soften.
- Add garlic, sweet potato & cook for 2mins.
- Add sausages, cook through well.
- Add spinach & allow to wilt then add peas – stir through until all cooked & warm.
- Add the beaten eggs to the pan & allow to spread out evenly, sprinkle with salt & pepper, cook for 5mins on the stove then transfer to the grill for a further 5mins, until golden & set.
- Use a spatula & loosen & release the sides of the frittata from the pan, it should then slide straight onto a plate for serving.
- Serve with some fresh or grilled lemon slices.